The Dreaded Day Has Come
Yesterday was wash day.
First of all, if you even call the day you wash your hair wash day, you must already be a veteran.
Yesterday was also the day I moved off campus to go back home for winter break. Can you see where this is going? I HAD TO PACK AND DO ALL THIS!!!
Let me tell you the little routine I have to go through:
- Run hair through water to detangle (20 – 30 mins.)
- Shampoo, while detangling (15 – 20 mins.)
- Rinse shampoo, while detangling (20 – 30 mins.)
- Part hair into four sections (5 mins.)
- Apply deep conditioner, while detangling (15 mins.)
- Twist each section (20 – 30 mins.)
- Let conditioner seep into hair/scalp (20 mins. – 1 day )
- Think about life, cause this takes too long for my soul lmao
- Untwist hair (21 seconds)
- Rinse conditioner, and keep detangling (15 – 20 mins.)
- Section into four again
- Make two twists for each section (30 mins. minimum)
- Put on bonnet (Yes, I’m a guy, hair gotta grow though fam)
Do. You. See. This.
What is life?
Sometimes I wonder if I was meant for this natural hair life…..